Avoid These Foods During Winter
Even if you think winter is the time to eat certain foods that will keep your energy levels up, specialits warn us it it one of the biggest mistakes we could be doing. If you try to feed your body with products it does not need it will have the reverse effect, making you more sick easier.
The first mistake is to give your body more vegetables than is necessary. This is mainly because of the nature of the vegetables. We all know they are chemically treated in order not to lose their taste, or grow faster, or survive transportation from different countries.
Here is the list of products that can make you sick in winter:
- Dairy products. The lactose from the dairy products affects the immune system and will make you catch colds easier. You can use soy products instead.
- It is better to leave it for spring, when your body will need it more.
- Chili peppers. Because they can affect your stomach when you are cold, it is better to replace it with ginger.
- Canned corn. Everything that comes in cans should be avoided. It is not healthy!
- Tomatoes are not a product that can be consumed during winter time for the simple reason that it’s full of chemical ingredients, and don’t even taste the same as real, fresh tomatoes.
- If you want to eat peaches during the winter, chose the ones that are frozen over the fresh ones from the market.
- Strawberries that are imported from overseas are chemically treated to survive the trip, so that makes them very dangerous for your health.
- Sugar is an enemy of your health during winter time. It affects your immune system. Better replace it with chocolate.
- Resist the urge to buy watermelons in winter. They are only a pale copy of the real fruit. Try grapefruits instead.