Why do the best women stay single for as long as possible?
In a world where being coupled up or in a relationship seems like all the rage, the reality is that being single can actually be better. While it’s nice to have someone to love, cuddle, and support you when things get scary, there’s nothing more exciting and fulfilling than the relationship you have with yourself. You get to do things on your terms, by your watch, and others be damned.
There may be pluses to getting married, but it can also be a bit overrated. Instead, being single for as long as possible is, at least for some women, the way to go. Here are 16 reasons why the best women stay single the longest. You just might realize you’re one of them.
1. YOU DESERVE AN AMAZING GUY.Whether it’s for another human being or some job that you know you’re better than, you just refuse to settle in any way. Since that’s the case, you sure as hell aren’t going to waste your time being with someone who doesn’t live up to your standards.
2. YOU LIKE DOING WHAT YOU WANT, WHEN YOU WANT.You like to come and go as you please, go to dinner when you want to, and sleep a la starfish position in your bed alone. You don’t need or want attachments that are going to interfere with your plans.
3. YOU’RE A NATURAL RISK TAKER.You’ve never been conventional in your thoughts or actions, and you’re the first one of your friends to sign up for cliff jumping or skydiving. You’d prefer to know the thrill of living on the edge, than huddling away in a life that’s ordinary.
4. YOU’RE SO UNIQUE THAT IT’S NOT EASY TO FIND A GOOD MATCH FOR YOU.You know, someone who has a penchant for jumping out of planes and drinking milk past the expiration date, too.
5. YOUR TOP PRIORITIES DON’T INCLUDE BEING SOMEONE’S GIRLFRIEND OR WIFE.Far too many women define themselves by being the girlfriend or wife of someone else. They allow themselves to be absorbed into the life of another until they’re no longer their own entity. But you, the woman who’s going to stay sngle the longest, doesn’t buy into that. You have an identity and that doesn’t involve being one part of a whole. You’re already whole.
6. YOU LOVE THE EXCITEMENT OF FIRST KISSES.Kissing the same person for the rest of your life? Fucking the same the person until you’re dead? Are you kidding me? You’re holding out and enjoying first kisses with new people as long as possible.
7. YOU WANT TO TASTE ALL THE FLAVORS OF THE CASUAL SEX SCENE.You never really know what you’re into until you’ve tasted all there is to offer, and casual sex is definitely the way to do that.
8. YOU’D RATHER NOT SHARE YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY.In relationships, things become 50/50 and suddenly you have to watch your spending for the sake of your partnership. You’re not ready to give up your frivolous spending of your hard earned cash for the future of your relationship.
9. YOU DON’T WANT TO HAVE TO CHECK IN WITH ANYONE.Nothing kills a night quite like your partner texting you a 3am asking where you are. Fuck that noise. You want to stay out until dawn if you feel like it.
10. YOU LOVE BEING THE SINGLE GIRL AT WEDDINGS.Single women at weddings kill it in the guy department. Not only do you have single men eyeing you, but married men who miss their single days, too. It’s also a perfect time to celebrate the fact that you don’t have to deal with your own wedding anytime soon, which also mean more money for shoes, brunch, and trips to faraway places.
11. YOU DON’T WANT TO GIVE UP VACUUMING IN THE NUDE.Your apartment is a clothes-free territory, and you want to keep it that way ― whether you’re vacuuming, eating, or are sprawled out on the couch watching Netflix.
12. YOU LOVE THE FREEDOM OF NOT HAVING PLANS.Your singlehood allows you to drop everything on a Friday and jet off to Rome. When was the last time any of your married friends did such a thing?
13. YOU’RE BUSY BUILDING AN EMPIRE.While others have a job, you have a career and it’s important to you to focus on that and go as far as you can in it.
14. YOU DON’T HAVE THE TIME FOR SOMEONE ELSE’S PROBLEMS.Being in a relationship means dealing with someone else’s shit, and you just don’t have time for that. You have your own problems, and once you get those figured out then maybe you’ll take on the drama of someone else and their issues.
15. YOU’RE NOT CONCERNED ABOUT YOUR BIOLOGICAL CLOCK.If fact, when others bring it up, you just laugh. Really? The only reason you ever look at the clock is to see how many more drinks you can get before happy hour is over.
16. YOU’RE ALREADY IN A RELATIONSHIP WITH YOURSELF.You don’t need to commit yourself to anyone else because you’ve got something really awesome going on with yourself. You can count on yourself, provide for yourself, and can make yourself orgasm like no one else out there. You’ve got it made and plan on keeping things this awesome for as long as possible.
Thanks to Amanda Chatel from thebolde.com for this article