In most cases, spirit animals will be most present when you journey out of your conventional state of mind, such as during meditations, day dreams, night dreams, or other altered states of consciousness.
They can also come to you in their physical form. You will notice them because of an unusual behavior or multiple encounters in a short time span.
Ways to look for your spirit animal
Finding your spirit animal can lead you to try different approaches. Here are some of the most common ways to get started:
- Look in nature and observe around you. Pay attention to animals and their behavior.
- Be attentive when an animal appears in your life in a way that is noticeable, when it has an unusual behavior; it may be a spirit animal trying to grab your attention
- Watch for repetitive encounters with the animal either in its physical or symbolic form (as object or image)
- Read books on animals and reflect on an animal that is standing out
- Meditate either with the general intention of finding a spirit animal or on a specific animal you’ve found ealier
- Be attentive to dreams featuring animals
- Process of journeying (for instance visualization accompanied with sound, shamanic drumming)
Discover Your Spirit Animal
[playbuzz-item item=”74901918-6f36-408e-9e92-500fe7a336dc” format=”personality-quiz”]
How to find your spirit animal through meditation
Meditation provides an effective way to connecting to your spirit animal. We use the term “meditation” is a loose way to designate means of relaxing and using active imagination to visualize and “journey inwardly”. Set your intention for this inner journey to connect with one or several animals.
Using meditation allows you to drop into a different state of mind or altered state where you are more receptive to the energy and intuitive wisdom of the animal spirits.