What is mature love?
It is the type of love seen in long-term marriages. In mature love, two people are together because they want to be together and not because they need to be with one another. Signs of mature love include acceptance, emotional support, commitment, calmness, respect, caring, kindness, friendship, and consideration.
- both are individuals apart from the other
- each accepts the fact that neither is perfect
- the relationship is strong in tough times as well as happy times
- the love gives each person energy to devote to all aspects of life
- the two people are close friends
- each person continues to grow as an independent human being
- there is joy in giving as well as receiving
- there is honesty and trust between the two people
- each feels a responsibility to the others well being