Visitation Dreams – Have You Had One?
A visitation dream is a great way for a deceased loved one, or even your spirit guides or angels, to may contact with you as you are in a more relaxed, resting state and you are not blocked by ego, fears, grief or daily distractions.
While a regular dream is a product of your subconscious mind, a visitation dream is actually a visit from the other side. Even though your body is sleeping, your soul is active and is connecting with your loved one or messenger from the other side.
Visitation dreams are deeply profound and are often used by your loved one to deliver a message or to let you know that they are ok.
Why do deceased loved ones come to us in our dreams?
It is actually easier for spiritual entities of all kinds (e.g., deceased loved ones, guides, angels) to communicate with us while we are sleeping. Why? Because when sleeping, we are in that “in between place” between our Earthly reality and “the other side of the veil” (the spiritual world). During this time, our rational mind and our ego are not engaged. Things can happen in our dream world that we would normally stop or discount while awake.
For example, when someone who has died comes to visit us in our dreams, we aren’t as likely to have the “rational thought” that this person is actually dead and shouldn’t be in our dream. When they appear, we accept that person’s presence without argument.
Is every dream a visitation dream?
Although I would love to say that you are having a visitation dream every time your beloved Grandfather Lou appears in a dream, this is not the case. Why? Here is how most of our “everyday dreams” are created:
Think of your dream as a play or a movie. Your subconscious mind is the director that must select who will play the different roles. For example, that role might need someone who is a businessman, so your beloved Grandfather Lou is selected because he was a successful businessman. Or perhaps the role requires a loving mother figure; then perhaps your Mother Betty is chosen because she was a very loving presence in your life when you were a child.
Based on all the people you have known during your lifetime (even those you may not consciously remember and possibly even people from past lives), the director selects the best actor for that part. Sometimes the actor who is selected is alive; sometimes the actor has passed. But the actor is simply “the best person for the job” because he or she fits the requirements you need for that dream.
8 characteristics of true visitation dreams
True “visitation dreams” are actually very easy to identify because they are very different than “everyday dreams.” Characteristics of most (but not all) visitation dreams include the following:
- Characteristic #1: The most important characteristic of a true visitation dream is that it feels “real.” It will also be very vivid.
- Characteristic #2: If you have to ask whether the visitation dream was really a visitation dream, then it probably was NOT a visitation dream. They are so real and vivid that you won’t have to ask this question. When you do have a visitation dream, you may wonder if it was truly real; but in your heart or gut, you will “know” it was real.
- Characteristic #3: Because they are so real and so vivid, you will remember visitation dreams very clearly for days, months, years . . . probably for your entire lifetime!
- Characteristic #4: The person (or animal) will almost always appear in the dream to be completely healthy and behaving in a loving manner. They will rarely appear sick or injured. They will never be angry, disappointed, depressed, or punishing. They will be “whole, complete, and perfect” because they are now reconnected with God/Source energy.
- Characteristic #5: Whether or not they speak to you verbally in the dream, they will communicate very clearly. (NOTE: As you’ll see in the next two examples, in neither of the dreams did actual verbal communication occur; the messages were conveyed telepathically and were completely clear.)
- Characteristic #6: When they do communicate (either verbally or non-verbally), it isn’t because they want to engage in idle “chit-chat.” It isn’t easy for deceased loves ones to enter a dream. They come with a purpose, and they will convey the message and then be gone.
- Characteristic #7: Most often, their messages fall into the category of “reassurance.” They come to let you know that they are fine and that they want you to be happy. Occasionally, they will come with a warning; however, when giving a warning, they will give you loving support and you will feel reassured by their presence.
- Characteristic #8: After a visitation dream, when you wake up, you will often be filled with a sense of peace and love.
http://the-conscious-mind.com/visitation-dreams-have-you-had-one/http://the-conscious-mind.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/dreams.jpghttp://the-conscious-mind.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/dreams-150x150.jpgSpiritualityangels,deceased loved one,spirit guide,visitation dream