Tips for getting rid of negative energy
Energy is everything. You can’t see it, but you can definitely feel it. If you’ve ever instantly disliked someone without knowing why – or on the flip side, instantly connected with them – it’s because of the ‘vibe’ that you are both radiating. Some people give off negative vibes, and others positive.
What’s important is that we are naturally attracted to people who give off a similar vibe to ourselves – that’s why, if you’re in a negative state, you may feel attracted to people who are also negative, and dislike or be repelled by people who are vibrating more positively.
Your home and your workplace are powerful concentrations of “your” energy just because of the amount of time you spend there. The thoughts you think, the words you say, the actions you take, are very strong in your home. So it’s important to clear out negative energy in these physical spaces, and at the same time clear out any negative energy that’s stuck within you, so you can start an upward trend in your life.
Here are some ways to clear negative energy:
1. Clean up! Every time you get rid of clutter, dirt and dust, and straighten up and organize your belongings, you are restoring order. Think about it – a clean, orderly space feels light and bright – lightness and brightness are very high-vibrating energies! Your home and workplace are not only concentrations of your energy, but they are reflections of your inner state.
Clean up your mind with the right use of the word “but.” Every time you think or say a negative phrase, add “but” to the end and add a positive statement to neutralize it. For example, “I can’t afford to take you to that concert but there are lots of free concerts we could go to this weekend.” This is such a great habit, so start using “but” after any negative statement and be sure you never end a positive statement with “but”!
2. Clap your hands, or make loud noises with pots and pans. Walk through every space of your home, and clap loudly to break up negative energy patterns and allow them to disperse. Have you ever noticed how light and fresh everything seems after a thunderstorm? Same concept!
3. Meditate on love. Love is the highest vibration, and you can infuse yourself and your living and work spaces with a loving meditation where you focus on radiating love to everyone you know.
4. Rearrange the space. Move furniture around – it’s the same concept as the loud noises – and rearrange your furniture and belongings so that there is as much free, open space as possible.
5. Smile and laugh. Laughter is the best medicine, for a reason! Smiling and laughing causes physiological changes. You can’t help but improve your mood (vibration) by smiling!
6. Use a small bowl of sea salt in the northeast and southwest corners of your home. This Feng Shui practice helps balanced chi (energy) to flow through your home.
7. Open windows to let energy flow freely (unless you live somewhere that is heavily polluted). Spend as much time as you can outdoors, feeling the vast expanse of the world and the universe. Set your intention for negative energies to leave you and “hand them over” to the universe; it’s infinite, and can easily “absorb” anything you put out there!
8. Add living plants to your spaces – and again, spend as much time as you can outdoors. Remove dead or dying plants immediately, though – and be careful with this technique if you have a “black thumb.”
9. Avoid negative people. These complainers, drama queens, energy vampires and downers just drag you down. Make excuses… just do what you can to keep your distance.
10. Finally, choose not to hang on to emotions. Ride out the emotion; while you’re feeling the negative emotion, say to yourself, “I feel (sad, angry, whatever)” but never say, “I AM (sad, angry, etc.).” You can let go of feelings but you can’t let go of yourself. Don’t BE the negative energy.
Smudging is also another wonderful way to remove negative energies as well! Even in the happiest of homes, negative energies will enter our homes in ways many people cannot foresee. For example, when you go grocery shopping, your food has been handled many times in order just to make it to the grocery store, where it will be handled even more by the person who stocks the shelves, your cashier and bagger. The shopping cart you placed this food in has the energy of everyone who used that cart before you.If you’ve ever bought something from a flea market, the want ads, Craigslist, etc…, then these items may be carrying the energy of the previous owner(s) as well as anyone who handled it between the point of purchase and the way it was delivered to you.
3 Types of Smudging Herbs
Sage smudging is typically used to cleanse, bless, and heal the object or person being smudged. When a person enters a ceremony or other sacred space, sage is sued to cleanse energies. Sage smudging is most commonly used to rid objects of previous energies, such as when we buy a used object or even bringing home groceries from the supermarket.
Cedar smudging is mainly done for protection and is often used to cleanse an apartment or home when you first move in, Not only does Cedar smudging protect your residence from unwanted spirits, it can also be used for protecting yourself, a sacred place or room or object from unwanted influences.
is Mother Earth’s breath and brings the blessing of her love. Sweetgrass smudging is a reminder of the love and presence of the Divine Feminine and how she provides us with everything we need.