The difference between spirit and soul
There is undeniably an essence that governs and facilitates the working systems of this universe. This essence is a supreme power to which every element in the world returns. It may be called an underlying power or a form of energy or a simple consciousness. This consciousness is what is believed to give energy and sustain all forms of life on earth.
What is Spirit?
- It is free to appear in any form or shape in this universe.
- The spirit is beyond the space-time continuum
- The spirit is ever flowing
- The spirit never stops growing and it has the ability to regenerate itself.
- The Spirit refers to all of us. Thus “Spirit’ means all the things of this universe: both inanimate and animated objects.
- Anything that we are able to perceive is considered to be the Spirit.
- The Spirit extends itself even more and reaches the area of our consciousness. Consciousness is the indivisible part of us.
What is Soul?
- Soul is an important part of our spiritual journey.
- When we are on the journey of our becoming, the Soul ignites within our bodies and tries to establish itself with the ‘Spirit’
- This happens because our Soul is thirsty and desires to meet the Spirit as soon as possible. This desire drives the Soul towards the Spirit.
- You have to empower your Soul enough so that it can reconnect to the Spirit.
- Basically, the soul will start your journey of self-realisation.
- The Spirit is basically the Soul of the Universe.
- The Soul undergoes change and betterment each time it is born in the universe. This means that the Soul ages.