Teenager Dies After Being Electrocuted By IPhone Cable In Her Sleep
When most people are about to turn in for the night, they always look at their phones—seeing if their posts for the day did well or not is something millennials will never be able to stop. The addiction to technology is so great that many lives have been lost because of it over the years.
The age of these victims also keeps decreasing because parents buy their young children phones and tablets instead of getting them to play outside and have a normal childhood.
Although one must appreciate technology and the opportunity it brings, one needs to draw the line somewhere. Or it might just end up killing you.
by Varsha Vasudevan and
A teenager has died after she was apparently electrocuted in her sleep by her iPhone cable.
Le Thi Xoan, 14, is believed to have touched the charging cable which was broken and is not believed to have been a charger issued with the phone.
The broken end of the cable appears to have been taped up in a bid to prevent further damage.
She was discovered unconscious by her parents and taken to hospital where efforts were made to save her life but she was later declared dead.
In a picture showing the burnt cable, it appears to be shorter than Apple’s original 20ins charging cable.
See-through tape had also been wrapped around the front of the cable, suggesting that the victim may have been aware of the wear and tear but decided to continue using it regardless.
Doctors confirmed that she had died as a result of electrocution.
Investigators said that she regularly slept with her iPhone on her bed while it was plugged in to charge overnight.
They said the tragedy likely struck as she slept and rolled onto the iPhone’s charging cable, which had tears in it and which electrocuted her with the current.
The charging cable is being inspected but the authorities said they are yet to determine whether it was the original Apple wire or a third-party device.
http://the-conscious-mind.com/teenager-dies-after-being-electrocuted-by-iphone-cable-in-her-sleep/http://the-conscious-mind.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/teencable-600x367.jpghttp://the-conscious-mind.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/teencable-150x150.jpgNewsiphone cable,teen electrocuted