People Are Now Buying Crystals For Their Pets With Amazing Results
Some crystals, including malachite, cinnabar and peacock ore, are toxic. Prevent your dog or cat from licking or mouthing these stones. Crystals are a gentle, holistic noninvasive way to help heal animals by shifting their energy – physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually.
Crystal Healing Techniques for Pets and Animals
Here are a few suggestions on how to use stones and crystals to heal your pet. (These are just some guidelines – use your intuition to come up with more)
- Place up to three stones or crystals under your pet’s bed for up to two weeks. You can put them in a pouch if you’d like. Position the stones so that they are comfortable. If the crystal energy is too intense, your pet won’t want to rest in their bed. If your pet likes the crystals, you should see an improvement within a few days.
- Hold the crystal or stone in your hand. Starting a few inches away from the affected area, rotate the crystal clock-wise. Go slowly, breathing gently and evenly. Animals express their feelings with movement, so watch to see if your pet wants more or tries to move away.
- Put up to three crystals (no more) in a small pouch that can be attached to your pet’s collar. Be careful that the pouch doesn’t interfere with movement or can get caught on anything.
- Warm up the crystals in the sun before beginning healing. The sun provides masculine, yang energy to the stones. Apply the warm crystals to the affected area.
- If you are using a bag of ice to reduce swelling or inflammation, try putting a few pieces of Smokey Quartz in the bag of ice. It will help unblock over-active or inflamed areas.
- Put a piece of Rose Quartz or Amethyst in your pet’s water bowl or bucket. The crystal will leave its energy imprint in the water and, when your pet drinks it, the energy will go where it is most needed. Remember to NEVER put Malachite in your pet’s drinking water.
- Create a mandala or circle of crystals around your pet. You can also try a Star of David formation with your pet in the middle. Leave your pet there for up to 20 minutes. Your pet will walk out when they’ve had enough!
- Place crystals or stones near a photograph of your pet, pointing towards the picture. This will help send long-distance healing and protection to your pet
Don’t be embarrassed about using healing crystals and minerals to help your pet. The practice is becoming common place these days as more and more people use natural methods to maintain their own health and well-being.
Information courtesy of www.NaturesForYou.com
How to Use Crystals to Help Heal Your Pets
Crystal healing for animals is no different than crystal healing for people. Although the process is the same, it is important to look for any signs that your pet is in distress while trying to heal them.
Signs to watch for include: excessive or unusual wagging of the tail, stamping of their feet, clenching or grinding of the teeth, attempts to get away, as well as signs of discomfort like when their ears go back or when their hair becomes raised.
If your pet shows any of these signs, slow down the healing process or stop it altogether as this may be a sign that the healing has become too intense.
When an animal is enjoying the healing process, they may show it through actions such as drooling, laying down, rolling on their stomach, or sighing/purring.
Just like the intuitive based healing process of crystal work on humans, the process is also intuitive for animals. Trust yourself and trust your pet to know when to continue and when to stop.
Twenty-Four Healing Crystals for Pets and Animals
- birds | reptiles | other four-legged and finned companions.
However, remember to seek the best available competent medical advice for your pet or animal. Using crystals for healing pets and animals is not intended nor should not replace the advice of a professionally qualified veterinarian.
- AGATE – You cannot go wrong with the Agate family. The powerful yet gentle energy of Agate can open the channels of communication between you and your pet, will balance your pet’s energy, assist with sleep, calm anxiety, and help your pet focus during training.
- AMBER – a great stone for pets due to its versatility, Amber is a wonderful and supportive healing stone. While not technically a crystal (Amber is fossilized tree resin) this is what promotes its connection to past life issues or any kind of physical healing. Amber is also known to have both a calming and energizing effect, dependant on what is needed at the moment. This attribute makes Amber perfect for both the smaller, hyper animals with high metabolism, as well as larger and calmer ones.
- AMETHYST – use for everything from pain to disorientation. Amethyst’s energy perks up couch potato pets, clears negative energy while balancing your pet’s energy fields, calms rattled nerves, and is an all-around healer.
- BLACK OBSIDIAN – great for reptile owners as Obsidian absorbs negative energy and heat. Reptiles will love its heat-retaining qualities, and the shiny black stone will look good in their habitat too. Just be sure the stones have smooth edges.
- BLACK ONYX – a great stone for outdoor pets, because it is known to draw out negative energies and entities, which can be helpful for things like fleas and parasites. As such, it is good for the bowels. A very protective stone, Black Onyx is supportive of physical strength and stamina, and can be helpful during times of stress, such as physical illness, trauma, or even during fights with other animals.
- BLOODSTONE – supports overall health, strength, and endurance. Wearing or carrying Bloodstone is helpful for balancing the chakras and for grounding negative or excessive energies. Bloodstone is also commonly used to increase intuition, which would be indispensable to any animal.
- BLUE CALCITE – use when your pet is recuperating from surgery or trying to settle into a new home. It’s relaxing energy soothes nerves, relieves anxieties, and helps with sleep. This is a great crystal to use with nervous, high-strung animals.
- BLUE LACE AGATE – promotes sleep, calms an anxious pet, and boosts self-esteem
- CALCITE – benefits the skeletal system
- CARNELIAN – promotes emotional warmth, individuality, courage, happiness, and harmony. It also helps release emotions such as anger, fear, and envy. Attach a Carnelian charm to your shy or nervous dog or cat’s collar. Carnelian is also beneficial for skin problems.
- CLEAR QUARTZ – a master healer that is effective for all conditions, strengthening the aura and protecting against negative energies. Clear Quartz will help strengthen your pet’s immune system, which will improve his or her overall health. It can also stimulate energy levels. Dog and cat owners use it during training as quartz heightens communication between the pet and its owner. Bird owners could use it as well when taming and training new birds. Clear Quartz is great for amplifying intention, so you could program it with a specific purpose for your pet, before use. If you decide to use Clear Quartz for your pets, you should clear it in the evenings, as it will absorb any negative vibes with which your pet has come into close contact.
- CORAL – kidneys and bladder
- FLUORITE – bones (blue), respiration (blue, green or clear), blood purification or lymph glands (green), digestion (green or yellow)
- GARNET – reproductive system
- GREEN MOSS AGATE – a wonderful source of Earth energy. Relaxing and grounding.
- HEMATITE – muscular system
- JASPER – the supreme nurturing stone. Its grounding ability supports tranquility and inner strength during times of stress or danger. Dalmatian Jasper is especially popular for use with animals as it grounds and helps alleviate fears.
- KYANITE – alignment of all Chakras, tendons or bones
- MALACHITE – heart problems, liver detoxification (WARNING: Do not permit your pet or animal to eat this stone. Malachite has very high levels of copper and can lead to serious or fatal blood poisoning if even very small amounts are swallowed. FOR EXTERNAL USE ONLY.)
- ROSE QUARTZ – injuries, wounds, reduces stress. Rose Quartz is the stone to use if your dog or cat is aloof and standoffish. Rose Quartz energy will help your pet learn to accept love and companionship without fear. It is ideal to use with rescued animals, injured or sick animals, or when introducing a new pet into your household. Acceptance of the new member of the family (be it another dog or a new baby) will run a smoother course.
- SMOKEY QUARTZ – nervous system, swellings. If you have more than one pet in the house, and the animals socialize, then you may have squabbles from time to time. Smoky Quartz works to reduce future hostilities by grounding and clearing negative energies in your household, which would also benefit any human squabblers.
- SODALITE – calming, nervousness, good for settling down during travel
- SUGILITE – death and dying
- TURQUOISE – a master healer that can be used for everything, protective