Love Yourself First
In order to have a fulfilling relationship with others, you first have to learn to love and respect yourself.
The first step is to let go of the past and to move forward into the future. Forgive yourself and forgive everyone that has hurt you (you have played a part in it as well). Doing this does not mean that you have forgotten. Trust and hurt is not easy to get over once that has been broken, but at least by forgiving it wont have a hold on you. Forgiving releases anger and negative energies that hold you back. Be kind to all people and show love and respect. By being kind, loving and respectful doesn’t mean they will reciprocate. DO it because you want to be treated in the same way. Most people will reciprocate, some will take longer as they have their own issues to deal with and have to eventually realize that you are being honest. Letting go of the past is allowing you to pave the way for the future.
Here are a few positive affirmations to repeat daily:
- I love myself unconditionally and accept myself as I am.
- I love and forgive myself for all of my mistakes.
- I am proud of myself for all that I have accomplished.
- I recognize the divinity in me therefore respect and treat myself with kindness and love.
- I accept myself for what I am and am constantly trying to better myself.