Spirituality is a broad concept with room for many perspectives. In general, it includes a sense of connection to something bigger than ourselves, and it typically involves a search for meaning in life. As such, it is a universal human experience—something that touches us all.
The Benefits of Spiritual Growth
1. Realization of who you really are.
2. Increased feeling of happiness and bliss.
3. Experiencing a state of inner peace.
4. Circumstances and situations do not affect your state of mind.
5. Becoming more patient and tolerant.
6. The ability to rise above frustration, disappointment and negative feelings.
7. Increased inner strength and confidence.
8. More common sense and seeing things as they really are.
Tips for Spiritual growth
- Learn to focus your mind and remove unnecessary thoughts.
- Practice meditation every day.
- Read spiritual literature and spiritual quotes.
- Associate with people, who went through this process.
- Developing a certain degree of emotional detachment would be very useful, so that outside conditions would have less effect on your mind and moods.
- Acknowledge the fact that you are a spirit with a physical body, not a physical body with a spirit. If you can accept this idea, it will change your attitude toward many things in your life.
- Look inside you, and try to find out what it is that makes you feel alive.
- Always try to look at the bright side of life. Your inner self is stronger than your circumstances. Don’t let circumstances and situations dictate to you how to feel or think.
- Endeavor to focus your attention on everything you do, instead of letting your attention go wherever it desires.
- Do your best to be tolerant, patient, tactful and considerate.