Avoid Doing These Things Right After Waking Up
We are all guilty of having certain things in the morning, first thing after waking up. These can be either inoffensive things or even dangerous. But truth is, the things you do in the morning can affect your entire day and energy level. If you want to start your day with the right foot and have an amazing day, avoid doing these after waking up.
- Don’t hit the snooze button. If the first thing that comes to your mind after hearing the alarm clock, is staying in bed 5 more minutes, think again. It is not advisable, because lingering with bed will only accentuate your tiredness. You will start the day with no energy and motivation.
- Don’t get stuck to your bed. Do you love to stay in bed after waking up? No wonder you will feel stressed out and with no energy. It is better to start stretching and move your legs and hands.
- Don’t check your email. This is the foolproof way to ruin your day. You need to breathe in and make plans for the day, and you may lose focus if you check your mail. The same applies for social media.
- Don’t leave your bed unmade. You know the best thing you can do in the morning? That is cleaning your bedroom and making up your bed. This will uplift your mood.
- Don’t drink coffee. If you are an avid coffee drinker, you enjoy the morning ritual but you should rethink this. In the morning your body is most full of energy and if you drink coffee before 9:30 you rill reduce the cortisol production and will feel tired quicker.
- Don’t wake up in the dark. Your biological clock is very sensible to sun and light. So, waking up in the dark will confuse your body.