7 Early Signs Of A Toxic Relationship
Relationship experts have revealed that it’s very easy to spot the signs of a toxic relationship even when you’re just starting to date. So be very vigilant and keep an eye out for these red flags. If a lot of the things that are listed on here are actually present in your relationship, then get out before you start to really invest yourself in it.
1. Your partner is sarcastic without being humorous.
It’s nice when your partner has a great sense of humor that can diffuse tense situations. But it’s bad if your partner seems to blurt out insensitive comments that are designed to hurt you.
2. Your partner fails to exude enthusiasm about the relationship.
It seems like they’re disinterested in putting in the effort to make things work with you. And that’s not something normal in new relationships.
3. Your partner is impatient with you.
Your partner doesn’t want to wait around for you to catch-up. They want you to always be on point every single time. They expect you to be perfect without demanding the same kind of perfection from themselves.
4. Your partner seems to always play the victim in the relationship.
They will try to play the victim as much as possible to guilt you into doing what they want as a form of compensation.
5. Your partner does things without consulting you first.
Your partner is impulsive and selfish. They do things that they want to do regardless of how these actions might make you feel.
6. You find it more comfortable to discuss your relationship problems with your friends than with your partner.
They don’t really give you the free space that you need to discuss how you feel and what you think about the relationship.
7. You have completely given up on all of the original expectations that you had for the relationship in the first place.
If you went into a relationship for specific reasons, and all of those reasons have vanished from plain sight, then why are you still even in the relationship?