19 photos of the most powerful protests in history
You are afforded certain freedoms today, thanks to activists’ efforts in the past.
Regardless, there are a number of iconic images in protest history that remind one of the importance of speaking out about concerns that matter. From Rosa Park’s bold refusal to move to the back of the bus to the Ferguson protests in 2014, the following images speak volumes about the human spirit and therequirementfor activists to stand up for what they believe in.
Who knows what the world might look like today if brave vigilantes hadn’t involved themselves in issues and protested for change. If this series doesn’t inspire you to take part in the world, what will?
1. Vancouver Riots
2. Westboro Baptist Church Counter-Protest
3. Rosa Parks in Montgomery, Alabama
4. Tiananmen Square, 1989
5. Stonewall Riots, 1969
6. The Berlin Wall, 1989
7. Black Power Salute, 1968 Mexico City Olympics
8. Flower Power During The Vietnam War
9. Thich Quang Duc’s Self-Immolation, 1963
11. Women Activists In London
12. Nelson Mandela Released From Prison, 1990
13. Elizabeth Eckford & The Little Rock Nine
14. Russian POW Confronts Himmler During WWII
15. Christian Protestors Protect Praying Muslims During The Arab Spring, 2011
16. Ferguson, 2014
17. John Lennon & Yoko Ono During Their Bed-In
18. The March On Washington For Jobs & Freedom, 1963
19. Martin Luther King Delivers His “I Have A Dream” Speech
This article (21 Of The Most Incredible Photos In Protest History ) is free and open source. You have permission to republish this article under a Creative Commons license with attribution to the author andTrueActivist.com | By
http://the-conscious-mind.com/19-photos-of-the-most-powerful-protests-in-history/http://the-conscious-mind.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/FSU_protest_Tallahassee_rc01458.jpghttp://the-conscious-mind.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/FSU_protest_Tallahassee_rc01458-150x150.jpgLifeactivist,martin luther king,Nelson Mandela,protest