18 rules from the Dalai Lama that lead to a happy, successful life
At the beginning of the new millennium, the Dalai Lama gave us eighteen rules that lead to a successful and happy life. These rules equally apply to every one with enough of a good will to follow and practice them, regardless of their religious or political views.
1. Remember that great love and great achievements usually involve great risks.
2. You cannot win every time in life, but every defeat carries a lesson worth learning.
3.Follow the rule of ‘3R’s’: Respect yourself, respect others, be responsible for all your actions.
4. Sometimes the best thing that can happen to you is not to get what you want.
5. Learn the rules well so you can break them the right way.
6. Don’t let minor dispute get between great friends.
7. When you realize you’ve made a mistake, do your best to correct it.
8. Every day, take at least a little time to spend alone.
9. Do not be afraid to try something new, but do not abandon your values.
10. Keep in mind that sometimes silence speaks louder than words.
11. Live a good, honorable life. That way, when you get old and look back on it you could enjoy it for a second time .
12. A good atmosphere in your home, filled with love is the foundation for your life.
13. In disagreements with loved ones, deal exclusively with the current situation. Never call upon the past.
14. Share your knowledge with others. This is the only way to become truly immortal.
15. Take care of Earth and Mother Nature.
16. At least once a year, try to go to a place where you’ve never been before.
17. Remember that the best relationship is the one in which your love for each other is stronger than you need for each other.
18. Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.