12 Signs You Have Fake Friends
Sometimes it’s hard to discern a real friend from a fake friend who is toxic, manipulative, or merely apathetic. It takes some time and life experience with a friend to learn whether or not they share your same friendship values.
If you have struggled with fake friends, here are some things you need to know.
12 Signs of a Fake Friend
- Your Friendship Is Conditional
- Your Friend Acts Differently When You’re Around Other People
- Fake Friends Will Speak Poorly of You When You’re Not Around
- Fake Friends Will Stop Talking to You When You Have a Disagreement
- Fake Friends Disappear When Someone “More Interesting” Shows Up
- Fake Friends Always Seem to Want Something From You
- Fake Friends Will Stop Hanging Out With You If You Say “No” to Them
- Fake Friends Never Try to Help You Achieve Your Goals
- Fake Friends Always Bring You Down
- Fake Friends Don’t Listen to You
- A Fake Friend Sees Your Needs and Wants as a Nuisance
- Fake Friends Don’t Accept You For Who You Are