11 Pearls Of Wisdom From The 14th Dalai Lama
The Dalai Lama is a monk and the spiritual head of Tibetan Buddhism. Today’s current Dalai Lama is the the 14th Dalai Lama, and he is known worldwide for spreading a message of compassion and tolerance.
Below are a few of my favorite quotes from the 14th Dalai Lama. My hope is that they bring you a little extra peace today.
1. “In the practice of tolerance, one’s enemy is the best teacher.”
2. “We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves.”
3. “Sleep is the best meditation.”
4. “If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion.”
5. “We all have to live together, so we might as well live together happily.”
6. “Look at situations from all angles, and you will become more open.”
7. “Disagreement is something normal.”
8. “In order to carry a positive action we must develop here a positive vision.”
9. “The purpose of our lives is to be happy.”
10. “Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions.”
11. “My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness.”
By Andrea Schulman
Andrea Schulman is a former high school psychology teacher and the creator of Raise Your Vibration Today, which provides free and easy Law of Attraction techniques. She will be available for group educational seminars and webinars starting in the summer of 2015.