10 Things Manipulative Men Do In Relationships
Manipulative men seek control, and they do so selfishly. Someone who is manipulative is out to serve himself, and pays little regard to others’ feelings and beliefs. It is important for you to be able to identify and respond to manipulative tactics before your relationship goes spinning out of control.
Here Are 10 Things You Can Be On The Lookout For In Men Who Are Manipulative
1. He always starts off being super charming.
He will want to gain your trust at first and he knows he can only do that by seducing you with his charm. He will get your defenses down before he engages in his manipulative behavior.
2. He lies to you on a constant basis.
He constantly deceives you and lies to you. He does this to try to blur the lines between what is true and what isn’t in an effort to confuse you further.
3. He undermines whatever issue you want to raise about your relationship.
He always finds a way to make you think that your opinion doesn’t matter. And if he does it consistently, he will actually be able t make you believe it.
4. He makes you doubt your own beliefs.
One of the most effective ways to make you abandon your defenses is to convince you that your beliefs are actually invalid.
5. He twists your own words against you.
He will constantly use your own words against you in an effort to confuse you.
6. He convinces you that you are only overreacting.
He will make you think that you are blowing things out of proportion; that everything is perfectly normal even though they aren’t.
7. He guilts you into thinking that you are the bad guy in the relationship.
He will act as if he is the victim and that you are the one who is being manipulative in the relationship.
8. He acts passive-aggressive with you.
He won’t necessarily address issues with you head-on. He wants to absolve himself of responsibility or guilt by always taking passive-aggressive approaches in dealing with the issues he has in your relationship.
9. He goes over the top with his temper tantrums.
He will not want you to pester him and so he will try to intimidate you with his intensity when he gets upset.
10. He desires to be the center of attention in the relationship always.
He knows that if all of the attention of the relationship is on him, you won’t notice the negative feelings that you are dealing with.
Source: Relationship Rules